Impalas.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I bought a 66 Impala last December. It has been repainted. The paint code is 11-C. I couldn’t find any info on that online. Can someone help me find out what the original color is?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Trim tag

Pretty sure you’re looking at the date of 11-C third week of November production rather that the paint coped. See attached sample of a 1966 trim tag, middle right side to the left of PAINT show M-M, that’s the paint code.

Attachments

Reactions: 62BillT

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty sure you’re looking at the date of 11-C third week of November production rather that the paint coped. See attached sample of a 1966 trim tag, middle right side to the left of PAINT show M-M, that’s the paint code.
Here’s my tag.

A298A6B3-733A-4755-82E7-24410D6D270E.jpg

·
Super Moderator
13,131 Posts
C would be an Ermine White car (usually paired with a red or blue interior). There isn't a G paint code. The 831 interior code is for a blue interior with blue vinyl bucket seats. My book shows this interior option only available on the Caprice (not the Impala or Impala SS).

Big Dave

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
C would be an Ermine White car (usually paired with a red or blue interior). There isn't a G paint code. The 831 interior code is for a blue interior with blue vinyl bucket seats. My book shows this interior option only available on the Caprice (not the Impala or Impala SS).

Big Dave
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Paint

Got with Warren, sent to him, he knew right away its: H-C Willow Green and Ermine White!!!!!

Paul

Reactions: BA.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got with Warren, sent to him, he knew right away its: H-C Willow Green and Ermine White!!!!!

Paul
Thank you so much. Here’s the car. I looked up colors online after I got it and thought it was artesian turquoise at first. After looking up more colors I thought it was willow green but wasn’t 100% sure. As you can see, it has padded top trim so I thought it may have come with a padded top. So was the top painted white and the rest of the car green? I hope so because those padded tops attract rust. By the way, who is Warren?

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you so much. Here’s the car. I looked up colors online after I got it and thought it was artesian turquoise at first. After looking up more colors I thought it was willow green but wasn’t 100% sure. As you can see, it has padded top trim so I thought it may have come with a padded top. So was the top painted white and the rest of the car green? I hope so because those padded tops attract rust. By the way, who is Warren?

My 1966 Impala Lowrider Project - YouTube
Here’s more pics...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,407 Posts
I'm guessing you've seen this site: https://impalas.org/numbers/

Have you uncovered evidence of the original color to be White or the interior to be green cloth?

That '11-C'.... bit of a head-scratcher.....

..UPDATE: funny, the site didn't show me the above posts when I made this post! weird.
glad the mystery is solved.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In the video I said I was just going to put wheels and hydraulics on the car but I changed my mind. I’m going to get it repainted first. I’m going with all PPG products and am going to repaint it willow green. I’m gonna add skirts and get rid of that padded top trim. I’m also going to re chrome the bumpers and re polish the trim. I’m going to try to have this done by this July. After that I will get a stock interior kit and as well as wheels and hydraulics. I will also add a sound system.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts