Impalas.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Let us know what year car the codes are from.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much, it was changed up a bit. Currently has bucket seats, I think it originally had bench. Does have a 4 speed, so could that still be. I want to bring the interior back to original as possible. Thanks again!

·
Registered
19 Posts
An original 4-speed car would have had a group 2 code L, and if it was an original powerglide car there would have been an M code in group 2. The absence of any transmission code means it was originally a 3-speed manual car because it wasn't coded for an optional transmission. If it was originally an SS, the code Z would be in group 3. The trim code for your car will confirm it had a bench seat. Post a photo of the whole tag and I'll decode the lot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is a silver blue Impala sport coupe built 1st week May 63 at Baltimore with blue bench seat and the options mentioned previously. It was the 35,59x (last number obscured) Impala sport coupe built at Baltimore in the 63 model year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you so much, so the 4 in the floor was added? It was left to me, so I would like to keep some things as my brother had them. But I’d like to change the stance and bring the interior back old school. Thanks again for all your help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts