Impalas.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am working on a 1967 Impala convertible that is my little brothers. The car had been sitting since the 90s and thus needed new headlights as a couple released the magic smoke when we were testing them. Bought a set of 5001 and 5006s, Wagners, from Summit Racing. However, when I went to install the 5001 headlights the nubs on the headlight didn't line up with the nubs on the bucket. It's not far off, but they definitely don't line up properly. From looking at the bucket the headlights that were previously in there didn't line up correctly either. Anyone experienced this before? Did the factory T3s (I believe that is what they had) have a slightly different nub pattern so you couldn't just swap in Halogens or something? I have basically no experience with older cars, so I am a little lost.

Thanks,
Douglas

·
Premium Member
13,156 Posts
H5006 was the standard low beam bulb (35 Watt) regardless of who made it (Wagner, Sylvania, GE or off shore) they should all fit from 1965-'85. Suspect some one may have bucket installed upside down or wrong side possibly?

Without the glass nubs fitting into the square hole cut in the bucket you will never get them aligned.

Big Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave, I will pull out all the lights and see if I can figure any rhythm or reason as to the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts