Impalas.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeking performance feedback from members that have four wheel drum brake cars and have purchased NEW aftermarket drums & shoes (present day and most likely offshore manufactured parts). I'm typically an NOS GM parts guy and often pay dearly to get the stuff my car left the factory with, but I'm really wanting feedback on how the local auto parts and online purchased stuff is performing...

Thank you!

Gary

·
Super Moderator
3,424 Posts
I'm still running 4-wheel drums on my car with updates as you stated. I have maybe 5000-6000 miles on them. I think I got my repair/upgrade parts from Pep Boys. I do want a disc brake upgrade for piece of mind but these drums have not given me any reason to dump them yet. And mind you, I drive pretty spiritedly. I've broken u-joints, multiple motor mounts, the weld on the axle tube to the diff. (very bad) and the (poor) weld job on the rear suspension crossmember to main perimeter frame. Oh, and 1 Muncie 4 speed. Brakes aren't my problem so far.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Many have gone Disc Brake crazy in the recent years.

Although I drive conservatively, I'm keeping my Drum Brake car Drum Brake. I try to buy US Made as much as I can and when there are no options, I at least buy top quality Brand names. To date, I never had an issue with quality or performance.

Reactions: scabpicker

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
This is a good string as I have to think about a lining change on my '65 soon and since I like the stock look of the 14" wheels I need to stay with drums. The Pep Boys experience above is encouraging. I'll also be looking at the following;

1 - 4 of 4 Posts