Impalas.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,546 Posts
Welcome to the site...it's got to be a good experience to be able to do that with your daughter.

If I recall correctly, there have been MANY discussions on Facebook Impala groups and some here at this site regarding the proper OIL PAN to use on the big-block in an Impala so that it does not interfere with steering linkage. I'm positive that the correct part number/source of oil pan that works is identified in multiple threads here and on FB, but you'll probably have to do a search and read a few threads to find it. (sorry, but I have a small block and didn't save that oil-pan part number)

·
Super Moderator
3,546 Posts
I did the search for you just looking for key-words like: oilpan clearance

Check out this thread. The brand name of PIONEER is the brand I keep seeing brought up for an aftermarket/non-GM pan that works in the Impala.

There are literally a dozen FB groups that you can find just by searching on Impala. Some are specific to 65, some only 66, others "tech only", and some from 58-72 and they can have way too much 'white noise' posts. Take your pick - I like this one started by a guy from our own website.
1965 - 1966 Midwest Impala Cars and Parts

1 - 2 of 2 Posts