Impalas.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, long time non-registered lurker, first time poster. The ‘65-66 Impala (and GTO) is my all time fav GM car and I’ve come across a compelling car for sale, original SS coupe, manual trans, 327. It’s perfect save for the fact that it’s a non-A/C car and I’m in Texas. Of course, I would need to fit A/C but it has the console gauges so no place for the center vent used in the retro kits. How is that worked around or is there a specific kit I should be looking for that compensates for the console gauges?? I tried searching the site and online to no avail. Thanks for any guidance you might have!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
We have a few '65-'66 owners on here that should be able to help, but in the meantime you may want to contact Vintage Air in Texas for some technical help. There is also Old Air and Classic Air in Texas, but Vintage Air seems to be the more popular choice out there.

Reactions: Jim165

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have a few '65-'66 owners on here that should be able to help, but in the meantime you may want to contact Vintage Air in Texas for some technical help. There is also Old Air and Classic Air in Texas, but Vintage Air seems to be the more popular choice out there.
Thanks a lot…I’ll await replies and contact those companies for insight

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I have a Vintage Air kit in mine. I think they make one specific to your model year?

Either way, they had good customer service and the system works well. They do have a mock up case for test fitting under your dash that you get return credit for when you order a system.

·
Registered
383 Posts
where in Texas are you, Jim?

VintageAir is located outside northeast San Antonio, been around for 30+ years.

Classic air is located in Coppell.

OldAir is located in Fort Worth

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where in Texas are you, Jim?

VintageAir is located outside northeast San Antonio, been around for 30+ years.

Classic air is located in Coppell.

OldAir is located in Fort Worth
I’m in DFW, so close to those businesses! I guess I can stop by and inquire, thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts