Impalas.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new to this forum. 1966 Bel Air, planning to start doing some restoration work, starting this fall. For you experienced folks, please be patient with my dumb questions.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Ask away. We will try to help.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Pop, welcome to the forum! The only questions that are dumb are the ones you don't ask. Anyone who doesn't do this for a living has questions, and anyone who has done it once has answers, and are willing to help. Bill was being modest, he's a very knowledgeable resource here! I also have a 66 and will be glad to help you in any way I can.
Where are you from? I'm in PA, right smack it the middle of the 'rust belt'! Looking forward to seeing you get this project done.

·
Super Moderator
3,473 Posts
Welcome to the site Pop, we all look forward to seeing your project and progress updates. This site was invaluable in helping me in getting mine done!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I plan to upload a pic or two soon, and start asking those questions. I am currently "studying", trying to decide on which direction to go with upgrades. The car was originally built a small block, and has a 350 with Powerglide in it currently., in running condition. I plan to re-wire the car, and do upgrades to brakes, suspension, powertrain, and eventually paint and body. Advice based on everyone's experience with regard to these things would be huge for me. Thanks again all.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Two Door Sedans are rare and well desired.

Looks pretty good as it is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Bill. I figure I haven't scratched the surface yet, but already am seeing valuable information. Global West, for instance. Great info here!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts