Impalas.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Michigan - I actually joined a couple of weeks ago - have been reading the forums with great interest! I've owned my 396SS since 1995, it was body-on restored by a couple in South Dakota in the late 80's...Other than wheels & tires and a nice stereo I really haven't touched it mechanically.....When the radiator died this fall, I decided I've waited long enough to make some changes! in process of installing Global West A-Arms, Control Arms, sway bars, springs etc. A Power Booster / Master cylinder so I'll have some power drum brakes.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has 15" front & Rear....it's funny you mention it riding a little high in front - I'm hoping to bring it down just a little with lowering springs - the front wheels seem to be 'forward' in the wheel wells too.....I'm thinking that's in the caster adjustment

·
Registered
998 Posts
The height looks just right to me.

Real nice car.

Reactions: BlackJack65

·
Registered
23 Posts
To me, that '65 has the perfect stance Noise 396. It wouldn't be the 425hp 396 now would it? Just curious as I have one of those engines in a chevelle. Folks tell me it's worth something to someone restoring a period correct '65 as that is the date of manufacture on my block. Ebay tends to point to this as well with their prices. Anyway, that is one beautiful '65 in my opinion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
To me, that '65 has the perfect stance Noise 396. It wouldn't be the 425hp 396 now would it? Just curious as I have one of those engines in a chevelle. Folks tell me it's worth something to someone restoring a period correct '65 as that is the date of manufacture on my block. Ebay tends to point to this as well with their prices. Anyway, that is one beautiful '65 in my opinion.
I do have a '65 Impala SS that was originally an L-78. It was converted to a family-friendly 327. Could you send the casting numbers of your engine? I'm just curious if it would align with the build-date of my car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I do have a '65 Impala SS that was originally an L-78. It was converted to a family-friendly 327. Could you send the casting numbers of your engine? I'm just curious if it would align with the build-date of my car.
T0319IE Tonawanda 3/19/65. The heads and intake are within the time frame as well. A complete package.
962 block and 208 heads. (Block C155 March 15,'65.) (Heads C115, March 11,'65) (C45, March 4,'65).
Hard to find engine. Might only be era correct for something like you have. It's in my 66 Chevelle and looks about right.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts