Impalas.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or know the proper name for the circled part in my attachment? I dont think I will be able to mount this panhard rod properly on my 67 Impala without the stud its requiring. Ive contacted restoration sites and picked brains of others but no one knows where to find this stud hardware.

Anyone else have suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
I looked in the Impala assembly manual and they call that part "Stud" with a GM part number of 3901736. It has a torque setting of 95-125 lbs. ft. If you have a nice Chevy parts guy he might be able to cross reference that part number or at least see if any dealerships have any.

I looked on all the Impala parts suppliers and I can't find it either.

Hope this helps,
Brian

·
Super Moderator
2,915 Posts
I don't believe its produced aftermarket. You may have to find a good used one from a 65-70 someone is parting out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I suggest you contact Desert Valley Auto Parts in Phoenix, AZ for your Panhard rod hardware. 1-800-905-8024, www.DVAP.com I go there regularly to purchase parts for my 1964 Impala. They should be able to help you.

Arizona Jim

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suggest you contact Desert Valley Auto Parts in Phoenix, AZ for your Panhard rod hardware. 1-800-905-8024, www.DVAP.com I go there regularly to purchase parts for my 1964 Impala. They should be able to help you.

Arizona Jim
Thanks Jim. I usually get my harder search parts from Brian at DVAP. He had something coming up to me but on a hunch I found one in a junkyard in Vancouver WA for $20 shipped. Since it was a *cuss word censor* to find it, I think having a second one will be wise in case something should happen. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts