Impalas.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a manual steering '64, and I have sitting on the ground right in front of it, a complete original power steering setup. This looks like a lot of work to clean the unit up, reseal & R&R the knuckles etc. So I have seen the magical list of conversion power steering boxes that is floating around the forums, but I need more info. I'm wondering what else I would need if I bought a reman 605 box? I want to know if I could use the same pitman arm, and maybe even the original power steering pump to keep it somewhat original looking under the hood. If anyone has gone this route a little guidance would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
My 64 came with power steering, but I did have to go through and rebuild/replace everthing to get it to stop leaking. You might want to check with this guy, he is and expert on these power steering systems and can give you some help on what is needed, whether you go with what you have or a newer steering box. He rebuilt my PS pump and I can give him a big thumbs up :thumbsup:. If I had run across him earlier, I probably would have had him rebuild the control valve as well, instead of buying a new one.

http://chevyps.com/

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts