Impalas.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering why my brakes were not working that well, so I starting looking around for leaks and found that the proportioning valve at the rear is leaking where that little star shaped plug is. See photo.

What is that plug & it's use. Can I plug it up to stop the leak, or do I need a new valve.

From what I've read, these valves are junk. Who sells the USA made ones?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,601 Posts
We don't know what you used to convert the brakes, since a 63 didn't come with that valve. Did you install it? Do you know where it's from?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a disk/drum setup and I believe I bought the ms/booster & valve from Summit...

This is the second PV2 that I have installed on this car.

The last one leaked at the front of the valve around that rubber plunger looking thing.

·
Premium Member
13,148 Posts
I would talk to summit to discover the application that this cheap part replaced on a stock car. Most kits pick a mid eighties G-body such as the Monte Carlo and source parts from the bad part of Asia (Malaysia), or Pakistan, or India as opposed to China, that costs more because the Chinese actually make a better part.

Once you know the part application you can buy a higher quality part made in Mexico from Bendix or an OEM replacement made by Wetherhead for NAPA:

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NMA...MI0e2j7NaS6QIVgZOzCh05XAEkEAQYCSABEgJtwPD_BwE

I must also caution that steel tube ends are harder than yellow brass and are a pipe thread not a screw thread so it is easy to cross thread the brake lines or the low pressure switch.

Big Dave

·
Super Moderator
1,601 Posts
Call Inline Tube. Tell them what you have, and they'll have something that will work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts