Impalas.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an original Harrison 1962 dated 409 manual trans radiator I would like to have re-cored. It has the correct part number stamped into it, the Harrison logo on the top tank and is 100% original with the copper dated tag attached. I know there are very nice reproduction units out there and they are getting pricy. I would rather get mine re-cored and the lower bracket needs some rust repair. Does anybody know of a good company I can trust to do a great re-coring and repair on my original radiator for a reasonable cost? I live in the midwest near Chicago and I am hoping I can find a local place to do the work but if I have to ship it out I will. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,132 Posts
I would have it recorded with an automatic core instead of the manual. Numbers are on the tank and tag so the core can be any type. The advantage of the automatic is he fins are denser (closer together) for more surface area to col a modern engine.

Big Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still waiting to find a reputable radiator recore company to use. Preferably a company in the midwest. Anybody?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody know where to buy just cores only. I would like to disassemble my radiator myself down to upper and lower tanks as there are some dents that need attention. Repair the frame rust and repaint it. Then take my parts and the new core to a radiator shop to have them put it together for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts