Impalas.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The park lights have power available without the need for the ignition to be on. Likely to be a faulty light switch, although you could also have power getting onto that circuit from another power source if you've got poor wire insulation with crossed wires. If you disconnect the power wire to the light switch & the lights stay on then you know it's a crossed wire somewhere.
I have a new light switch I just plugged in. I will start there and test. I clearly know nothing about wiring. Thanks!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New light switch and I still have the problem. I disconnected the power wire From the light switch and the lights go out. Not sure what’s going on still. Two switches brand new same issue.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if he's not supposed to have power but he does, even after two different switches, would that mean somehow it's:
  • wired up in reverse after the switch?
  • the grounding is reversed from the lights back to the battery?
One thing I should mention is that the headlights and all the wiring is currently not connected in the front of the car. They are taped off because I’m going to be doing bodywork so I took the lights off. I’m not sure if there’s a grounding issue or some thing could cause this . My next test would be to hook up all the lights in the front and see if it affects anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts