Impalas.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, first please don't make the typical comment of, "they're what someone is willing to pay for them". That is no help to me.
I have just removed a set of rear spiral shocks from my 1966 Impala wagon. They were not leaking any fluid and seem to be fine. They are both part number 3171084 and both have a Julien date code of 312 65 or Monday Oct 8, 1965. I can't find any for sale anywhere to estimate their value. Can anyone on this forum help?
Al in Maine

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I checked a corvette reproduction parts site, and even they do not have reproduction spiral shocks for those years that did have them. So those shocks you have are pretty valuable. I wonder they can be rebuilt when needed?

Looked on ebay, and there is a guy who has rebuilt spiral shocks. Has his phone number in the listing. I bet if you called him, he could give you an idea of their worth.
ebay link

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked a corvette reproduction parts site, and even they do not have reproduction spiral shocks for those years that did have them. So those shocks you have are pretty valuable. I wonder they can be rebuilt when needed?

Looked on ebay, and there is a guy who has rebuilt spiral shocks. Has his phone number in the listing. I bet if you called him, he could give you an idea of their worth.
ebay link
Thanks, I'll try that seller.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts