Impalas.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine is having problems getting his convertible top up far enough to latch when he leaves it down in the well for a few days. Is this normal? Should the top always be latched up to avoid problems? Is "down & up the same day" pretty much a requirement for easy function?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,148 Posts
Always leave it up when stored. This keeps the canvas stretched so that you can get it up and down as needed when you want to use it. There are stringers that stretch with time but they can be replaced if they ever sag.

Big Dave

·
Registered
442 Posts
As Dave said; store with the top up.

If you have a plastic rear window that zips down (and up). I always zip it down prior to lowering. If you leave the top down with the window zipped down you should be able to 'store' longer (a couple days perhaps) with the top down. Zipping down also helps protect the plastic from cracking, especially in lower temps (60's approx.).

Pete

·
Super Moderator
3,473 Posts
I agree with the guys above 100% but at this time of year, even in Michigan, I don't expect weather to be much of a problem.

now, in cooler temps or over Winter and early Spring, I've absolutely noticed the top shrinkage. (I have the non-stock 'sail cloth' material)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts