Impalas.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and 1st question.

I just picked up new sun visor brackets for my 62. I compared multiple suppliers products first hand at various car shows and swapmeets. I believe the brackets I got are of good quality. The brackets came with plastic sleeves for the visor shaft, the only problem is there is no way the visor shaft w/the plastic sleeve is going to fit into the bracket! I took the originals a part and there was no plastic sleeve...? Without the plastic sleeve the brackets are too big and can't be tightened enough and with the plastic sleeve the bracket is to small. Any answers or experience with this issue?

·
Super Moderator
3,373 Posts
mine is a 66, but I've had them apart to put in new visors. I noticed that mine originally did not 'screw/clamp' all the way down. I learned that the hard way by tightening that little screw too much and busting the brittle old metal. :-D ha!

Anway - mine was really tight at first too - then I lubed them up with something and I eventually got a tight fit of everything.

Just wondering what yours looks like. Seems like it might be very very similar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really tight fit

With the plastic sleeve on the sun visor shaft the bracket will but right up against the plastic sleeve with no chance. I had tried, prior to posting, greasing up the shaft with the plastic sleeve and had no luck. I'm debating on making a mount out of wood screwing the bracket to the wood mount, putting it on a drill press and opening up the bracket...that way the bracket doesn't have to be tightened so much... As of right now it's rain season and I have time to think about it before I want to take the car out. **** I'll figure something out. Thanks for reply

1 - 4 of 4 Posts