Impalas.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a '66 Impala, and would like to lift front and back 2". I would also like to convert to disk brakes front and back.
I am looking at Eaton Detroit Springs and QA1 single adjustable hydraulic shocks to raise me up the 2". My question is this:
Once I lift the car by 2", will I need a new, longer spindle when I install the disk brake conversion? I'm pretty sure the conversion kits I've seen so far are for factory height.
I am a beginner, so any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Ray

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hello,
I have a '66 Impala, and would like to lift front and back 2". I would also like to convert to disk brakes front and back.
I am looking at Eaton Detroit Springs and QA1 single adjustable hydraulic shocks to raise me up the 2". My question is this:
Once I lift the car by 2", will I need a new, longer spindle when I install the disk brake conversion? I'm pretty sure the conversion kits I've seen so far are for factory height.
I am a beginner, so any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Ray
if you have been looking at different brake conversion kits, have you called them to ask that same question?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Best way to raise a car is by heavier Springs. Years ago when they were available at Chevrolet, we would select a set for a car that had either AC, a Big Block or both. This would be for the Fronts. For the Rears we would order Big Block Wagon Springs. I believe Rock Auto is the best place to buy Springs today. If the Rear needed more lift, you could always Load-Levelers or Air Shocks. Also, I never heard of Front Shocks that would raise a car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts