Impalas.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I made a complete kit for adding the kickdown back to those who lost it after adding an Edelbrock carb. It was designed using my 64 Riviera as a model but it works on all cars with Edelbrock Performer/AVS2 and TH400's.

The price is $34.99 and includes shipping. This comes with wires, screws, and crimp connectors. I have sold over 100 of these in the past year. The colors available are black, blue, silver, and red.

These are also on Ebay, if you are more comfortable going through that site. You can reply to this thread if interested or contact me through Ebay.

Thank you
Chris

·
Premium Member
13,156 Posts
I was going to suggest using the switch on the gas pedal used on all 1968 and up cable throttle cars. They changed to a cable instead of a throttle rod because of the problem with broken motor mounts. With a rod as the motor rock under acceleration the throttle is pulled wide open which scarred a lot of old ladies that didn't think to kick the tranny into neutral so they died a horrible death in a fiery collision because they never learned to drive with a standard transmission

Big Dave.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 67 Impala 396 now has Holly FI (the only way to go) on an Edelbrock Performer Manifold and 400 trans, what do you think, will it work? At this time no kick down, annoying to say the least! But...instant starts even if it sits for weeks...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 67 Impala 396 now has Holly FI (the only way to go) on an Edelbrock Performer Manifold and 400 trans, what do you think, will it work? At this time no kick down, annoying to say the least! But...instant starts even if it sits for weeks...
Sorry for the late reply!

Looking at the image of a Holley FI, it looks like it would work. You could give it a shot and if it doesn't work out, we can talk.

I always wanted to go FI. Everyone I know that converts, LOVES IT.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts