Impalas.net banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
That does bring up an interesting philosophical conversation: A few associates and pals think I'm wasting my time building out dust/splash guards at all. Anyone here have interesting opinions they'd like to share?
while I don't know of any stories about them I can easily imagine issues:
-you're driving around and you hit a patch with garbage in the road, or the road itself is garbage, and it kicks up small hard parts that get kicked up to where they wedge in between the pads and rotors
-or you end up driving thru muddy water where something similar happens (no matter whether a fair-weather vehicle or not)

prepare for the worst and you won't have to worry down the road. also, I saw how tight it was in there so figured you were doing exactly what you said (y)

·
Registered
1961 Impala 2 Door Sedan
23 Posts
That does bring up an interesting philosophical conversation: A few associates and pals think I'm wasting my time building out dust/splash guards at all. Anyone here have interesting opinions they'd like to share?
I would say that while you are taking it this far it is an extra detail worth employing. I wouldn't have reservations about removing them from my car given its use case (survivor driven in good weather only) but if I were at a frame off stage I would want them back in place.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts