Impalas.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am working on a 56 chevy 210 floor shift installing power steering and realized the column is too long and when I went to pull the steering wheel off it telescoped. Looking around on the forums it looks like it is off of either a caprice or impala. Any info on what to look for to ensure it is complete. It has the correct steering wheel from what pictures I found it does have the horn button I am more curious about the lower end. Everything was working when it was in the car I did find the lower shaft bushing is worn. I was originally going to cut it to fit my application but in looking I am sure someone else will want it.

Thank you

Danial

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
If you need it identified, you would at least need to post some pictures and just hope that someone can possibly tell what you have there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you need it identified, you would at least need to post some pictures and just hope that someone can possibly tell what you have there.
Will do. I have to make a trip up to the shop and grab them. Hopefully at lunch

·
Super Moderator
1,545 Posts
I do believe that is a 66 tilt/tele wheel/column. Don't cut it. It would go nicely in my 65... ;-)

·
Super Moderator
1,545 Posts
Yep, ABS or carboard tube for the column, flat box for the wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts