Impalas.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am working on a 56 chevy 210 floor shift installing power steering and realized the column is too long and when I went to pull the steering wheel off it telescoped. Looking around on the forums it looks like it is off of either a caprice or impala. Any info on what to look for to ensure it is complete. It has the correct steering wheel from what pictures I found it does have the horn button I am more curious about the lower end. Everything was working when it was in the car I did find the lower shaft bushing is worn. I was originally going to cut it to fit my application but in looking I am sure someone else will want it.

Thank you

Danial

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
If you need it identified, you would at least need to post some pictures and just hope that someone can possibly tell what you have there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you need it identified, you would at least need to post some pictures and just hope that someone can possibly tell what you have there.
Will do. I have to make a trip up to the shop and grab them. Hopefully at lunch

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
Yep, ABS or carboard tube for the column, flat box for the wheel.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Floor shift Tilt/telescope columns are rare. It would be great to it go back into a 1966 Impala.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dan I sent you a message I think, I am new to this site. So I am responding on the thread also, I am very interested in the column, I have a 1966 Impala SS 396 TH400 car that has been in my family its whole life. It was ordered with the tilt telescopic column but was badly damaged from an accident many years ago. I have had a straight shaft in it since. really would like to purchase this from you. Please contact me at 512-876-0105, thank you Jackie.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts