Impalas.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a trunk lid for our recently acquired 66 ss fastback. My husband and I recently picked up the Impala as our next project car. Things are moving along, but we are having a very hard time finding a trunk lid, which we need to replace. Discovering that they are very specific to ss fastback and the year. Would love to move our project along, can't wait to get her out on the road. Can anybody help me?

Thanks, Tiffany

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Right, the one you are looking for are for '66 2-Dr HT's only (Impala and Impala SS) and they are very hard to find in very good condition or better.

There are some "Repairables" out there, but you may want to try to repair the one you have, if it is not real bad.

...but keep looking in the meantime.

I will also let you know if I hear of one.

Bill

·
Super Moderator
13,140 Posts
Welcome to the Team Tiffany!

Reproduction sheet metal is hard to find on these less popular cars (you can build and entire 1967-68 Camaro, 1955-57 Chevy, a 1964-67 Mustang, ands most of a 1970-'71 Dodge Challenger) but there isn't much other than patch panels for the lower part of the body available for many Impalas. As such you have to scan desert southwest junk yards constantly for a parts car and shipping bites into the rare part price as well.

Big Dave

·
Super Moderator
3,419 Posts
I would give you mine if you were closer and wanted it! I did what they suggested above and eventually found a fairly rust-free replacement so now my old one is taking up space. I suspect it's not in much better shape than your own trunk lid. :) (some rust-through on the underside of the rear lip and 2 small bubbles just above the hinge attachment area.)

·
Super Moderator
13,140 Posts
If Hollander says one year it is going to be a one year part which will limit your choices as well as raise the asking price. The good news with that number you can go to your local yard and query the entire North American continent all at once. If some one some where sees the request and has the part they will respond over the network.

Big Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts