Impalas.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO IAM NEW TO THE SITE BUT OLD TO THE LOVE OF IMPALAS ANYHOW I HAVE A 1964 AND IAM AT THE POINT OF REMOVING THE OLD TURN SIGNAL CAM BUT IT WONT COME OFF I TOOK ALL THE SCREWS OFF BUT IT SEEMS I HAVE TO UNPLUG THE HARNESS THATS CONNECTED TO IT. THATS MY PROBLEM I DONT SEE A PLUG ANYWHERE I THINK ITS IN THE COLUMN SOMEWHERE BUT I HAVE NO CLUE :confused:. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP ON SOME TIPS. THANKS AND I ALREADY LOVE THIS FORUM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well thanks anyway i figured it out. By the way if anyone cares you dont have to take the entire column out to get to it. I really wish someone here wouldve told me that :noway:.

Well here it is : take the wheel off, unplug the harness from under the dash, follow the wires up. if your going to replace the whole unit which i recommend just cut the wires the new unit will come with a new harness. turn the cup the unit sit in to the left after removing the 3 screws that holds it together and it all pops off. replace it and Bobs your uncle. :yes::thumbsup:;):D:):yes: I replaced the cam that was broke but the unit was too weak to hold the lever in place. Thats why i recommend the whole unit its only $39 at the car shop in Orange ca.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts