Impalas.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1966 Chevy Impala two door coupe
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1966 2 door Impala coupe. Just had new wiring harness installed throughout entire car. Brought it home Thursday the right turn signal works and the left when on acts like hazard lights both left and right blink off and on. American auto wire harness turn signal wires look hooked up correctly? Any thoughts. I did have a Re manufactured 1965 steering column put in also. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called American auto wire and talked to a tech and we troubleshot the harness and determined it to be the turn signal switch even though it s new it seems to be defective. I’ll let you know what I find out once I remove it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fixed the turn signal it was the switch works beautifully going to get it inspected this week. Going to try and register as a street rod. I’m going to use impala. net as my club thanks for let me be apart of your club

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just wanted to shout out to American Auto Wire they were a great help and I can really tell the difference in the quality of the new turn signal compared to the one I replaced

·
Super Moderator
3,656 Posts
I've heard that theirs was American made and of good quality. Glad you can confirm the quality. The 2 that I bought from general Impala Parts retailers used overseas crap and each unit lasted less than 18 months. :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm currently installing a Painless harness in my 66 4 door hard top. I wish I had done better research prior to purchase as the predetermined ends of the American Autowire kit for a novice would have been a much easier way to go rather than making my own ends.

At least I now know how to do it.

The Painless kit is high quality and manual is very good. The ability to customize and add circuits to the harness is very nice aswell

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine was the post that was referenced in the second comment. Mine was also an American Autowire kit. Turned out to be the springs inside the bulb connector on the driver side were connecting after the bulb was installed. Bulb out everything tested like it should, bulb in it jumped and flashed both sides.

Good to hear your problem was found easier than mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts