Impalas.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Caprice
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new rear end will be done next week so I’m looking for the ever-elusive 11” drum backers. All the repros are 9.5 and the local scrapyards don’t have any mid 90’s Caprices to be picked. I think I found a set online but can’t confirm with customer service whether they’re 11”, but they’re listed for 65-70 passenger car…..

I need a 67 parts manual!

·
Registered
67 Caprice
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Worst case you can have a set water jet cut.
I’m a parts changer, not a machine operator! LOL

An old crash parts manual has the rear drum backers as 3847723 (L) and 3847724(R), but those numbers are from 1967.

I found a set that are 3921171(L) and 3921172(R). Those numbers cross to a 65 Chevelle SS396 w/11” rear drums, so I ordered them. Fingers crossed that the only difference is “w/splashshields”……

Also found rear drum anchor pins, and 63-67 passenger car show the same part number (3820146) as same year Corvette.

I grabbed a set of OEs off fleabay, but if somebody ends up here because of the search function, I believe at least one Corvette parts house that starts with “Para” reproduces them.

I think I’ll have everything for the complete rear drum setup now, I saved about $300 over buying the aftermarket kit, and I won’t have to manssplain to the parts counterperson about what shoes the aftermarket set-up uses upon next replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts