Impalas.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am starting to shop for parts for my Dad's '66 Impala and I have a huge stack of parts catalogs. I have several questions:
1. Where do they get their parts? I am thinking there maybe only 2 suppliers?
Is there quality issues with any?
2. Any parts catalogs better than another or has a feature that stands out or does it come down to pricing?
3. What is the go to parts catalog that people use for nut and bolt restorations?
4. Is there another parts catalog company that is worth looking at?

The parts catalogs I have are:
1. Eckler's LateGreatChevy
2. Impala Bob's
3. The Parts Place
4. Hubbards Impala Parts
5. Sinclair's
6. Harmon's Classic Chevrolet
7. Classic Industries
8. Cars 1 Inc.
9. Year One
10. Lutty's Chevy Warehouse

Any input or information on parts catalogs is welcomed.

Thank you,

Jeff
1966 Chevrolet Impala 2dr hardtop, 3 on the tree

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
As far as the list you enclosed, I would stick with Year-One and Classic. I have had and heard of too many bad experiences with some of the others. You should also get yourself a parts book and without a doubt an assembly manual if you don't already have one.

Just my opinion.

Paul

·
Lifetime Premium Member
375 Posts
I will agree. The rest (seem to me anyway) have most of the same stuff but at higher prices.

Ape Out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't remember for sure, but I think Paddock also has one for Impalas. I have yet to actually order anything from them for my 66, but just figured I'd throw that out for you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Have used Ecklers for a few things on my dad's 66 SS and had good luck other than the backorders here and there,parts always arrived in good condition and are what I expected,just placed and order with The Paddock for my 66 and we will see how it goes with them,still shopping for my seat covers and door panels though for the best deal and part I can get. I will have to look into the ones mentioned that I didn't find yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Jeff,

For what's it worth, I've had the best luck and quality parts from both Classic Industries and Year One! The others may offer the same, but the folks I've dealt with are pretty knowledgeable and shipping and packaging have been really good. If you have any questions, just give them a call. They were both pretty helpful.

Gary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts