Impalas.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my twin grandsons for a ride in the 64 yesterday. One twin looks at the window crank and says whats that for? I said that rolls down the window. He says wheres the button? I said we dont need a button if we have a crank. Then the other twin says it is hot turn on the air conditioner. I said we dont have an air conditioner. Second twin says do you need to fix the ac? I said this car didnt come with ac. He said thats just crazy. I told them believe it or not. I lived in a house for 18 years with my brothers and sisters that didnt have ac. And the comment was How did you do that?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have both a '65 and '67 w/ factory air. My kids commented about the blue bow tie on the back window that says "Air Conditioned". They couldn't understand why that was mentionable. So I went on to tell them about screen doors at the grocery store that said "Come on In. It's Kool Inside". They just stared at me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I grew up in Key West and Miami and we had no A/C in our house, our car or school. If you wanted A/C you had to go to the movies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts