Impalas.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, newbie here...

Just inherited my great-grandpa's 67 Impala (I drove it as a 16-yr old back in the day), buy my mom just handed it down to me after garaging it for 20 years or so. My dad and I got it up and running, everything is mostly stock on it, but the tires need to be replaced so was thinking I should upgrade the wheels as well. Since the 4-door is not one people usually sup up like a typical muscle car, it's hard to find suggestions online. If you google this model, almost everything that comes up has to do with the Supernatural car, and I don't need to replicate that one.

This one is cherry red, stock 283, 51k orig miles, and I'm just looking for some specific suggestions on types of wheels and tire sizes I might want to look at that doesn't overdo it, but gives it a nice new touch. I plan on changing the front end to disc brakes at some point. The Supernatural build suggest 15x8 with 275/60R15 in the rear and 15x7 with 215/70R15 in the front, but again I think that is a little too much. I don't want to spend money on suspension, etc, or have any chance of the tires rubbing or just looking to big.

Anyone have any suggestions, and/or links to the best place to find what I'm looking for?

Thanks so much!

-Smitty

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Factory Rally Wheels would look good on your car, in my opinion anyway. For Tires, my suggestion would be some a little wider than stock.

Your car sounds pretty nice by the way. Post some pictures if you can.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I second the suggestion for Rally Wheels with a little bigger set of tires. Same size in both front and back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys... something like this for the rally wheel suggestion?: *RWK04 - 15

I do like the spoke (or whatever it's called) look too Canyon56, but may be too sporty for the 4 door hardtop sedan... or maybe not... tough decision!

Here are some pics of mine when we towed it down from NorCal. Any idea where I can find that rear pass door trim btw? Nobody online seems to have one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is such a beautiful car! Your car would look good with a set of Cragar SS Mags like mine.
Thanks! Would you mind telling me the model of SS Mags yours are and where you got them? I see prices all over the place online, and didn't want to spend much more than $100-$150/wheel.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Beautiful car! The wheels you have on there now are 14"x5". I would think that your car would look perfect with the factory 15"x6" rally wheel. A little bigger, but not too big to retain the classic look that it already has. Here is mine with 15"x6" factory rally wheels.
2019-02-09 15.41.27.jpg
2018-08-10 18.26.39.jpg

Reactions: BA.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts