Impalas.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have one to share? I printed it off at one time but lost it. It was a nice full color diagram. It was over in the ref area on CT, but that one is gone.

I am specifically looking for the tach wire and where it goes through the firewall. I think I have an engine wiring harness from a non tach car so I don't know which terminal on the firewall plug to tap into to send a signal to my tach, mine is an SS with tach but I had to get a salvage harness at one time and I'm sure that car didn't have a tach. I know the wire on the cluster is brown but I don't have a brown wire coming out of my firewall plug or anywhere else in the engine bay. So if I can't find out which terminal to tap into I'll have to just run a new tach wire through the firewall and splice into the brown wire.. Not really what I wanted to do.

Plus I'd like the diagram to help get the rest of the dash cluster working.

Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Penny just dropped, bit slow today.
Awesome! That is the one I had before and lost. I will definitely need this to fix up some wiring issues.

I don't see a tach wire on this one. Any idea which plug in the firewall that would go to? I see 5 open terminals in the 2 plugs so I'm guessing it would be one of those. this diagram probably didn't' have the tach option in it. If nothing else I can probably remove my fuse block and look behind it to see where the brown tach wire is going.

Thanks again for the diagram!

·
Registered
98 Posts
You also mentioned about links being dead in Smokey's on CT. I will have all of those referenced to a 67, so if you need any, list them here since they can be uploaded here, & will upload.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You also mentioned about links being dead in Smokey's on CT. I will have all of those referenced to a 67, so if you need any, list them here since they can be uploaded here, & will upload.
That’s great! I don’t really know what I need yet as I’m not sure what all is available. Like the accessory diagram of the cluster linked on the other site. Didn’t even know that existed. But it’s helpful.

all I have left to do under the dash now is connect my ac/ heater and getting a new radio. And replace some various bulbs with leds. Oh and I’m fixing the clock. Everything else works.
Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah not sure where he got that pic, it does say Chevelle at the top thougth. There may be a similar diagram in the 67 Assembly manual, but with no Index it's a bit tedious to try & find answers there unless you've got the time to scroll.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts