Impalas.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to install zz502 in my 66 Impala SS and we are having issues, with current motor mount set up the oil pan in sitting on the cross member and up against tie rod. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,148 Posts
Because the 1966 oil pan was for a Marl IV engine it will not fit on the Gen VI 502 Block (mark IV had a two piece rear main seal and the Gen V and gen VI have a one piece rear main seal that will not accept the older pan. You will have to go to the aftermarket to buy an oil pan that will fit your body, or take a saw to uour current truck oil pan to cut it down and reweld it.

Because the BBC hasn't appeared in a car body since 1974 all of the GMPP crate motors come with an oil pan deigned to fit the light truck. It is too deep up front (to obtain more oil capacity without going deep in the back of the sump. I used a Moroso pan, but Steff's, and Milidon also sell a pan to fit your car with a Gen VI engine.

Big Dave

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Because the 1966 oil pan was for a Marl IV engine it will not fit on the Gen VI 502 Block (mark IV had a two piece rear main seal and the Gen V and gen VI have a one piece rear main seal that will not accept the older pan. You will have to go to the aftermarket to buy an oil pan that will fit your body, or take a saw to uour current truck oil pan to cut it down and reweld it.

Because the BBC hasn't appeared in a car body since 1974 all of the GMPP crate motors come with an oil pan deigned to fit the light truck. It is too deep up front (to obtain more oil capacity without going deep in the back of the sump. I used a Moroso pan, but Steff's, and Milidon also sell a pan to fit your car with a Gen VI engine.

Big Dave
This. Just go to the Milodon site with your needed dimensions and compare against what they have. You are probably looking for their 30975.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trying to install zz502 in my 66 Impala SS and we are having issues, with current motor mount set up the oil pan in sitting on the cross member and up against tie rod. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Hi, I had the same problem. I notched out the oil pan. 5 years ago with no problems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts